The Himalayan Family Healthcare Project is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing community-driven, quality, primary healthcare and education services in remote areas of Nepal.
We are committed to accomplishing our mission by:
- Conducting community health needs assessments and resource evaluations;
- Developing community coalitions and community empowerment activities;
- Developing culturally appropriate community health promotions and disease-prevention activities;
- Providing health screenings and quality primary healthcare services;
- Establishing active and passive public health surveillance systems and reporting health indicators such as child mortality rates (MDG #4) and maternal health statistics (MDG #5);
- Conducting project evaluations and research related to primary healthcare services;
- Collaborating with both the district and the national system for the development of health policies;
- Replicating the project’s success in other communities.